Description: This article reviews the options for creating a new user or updating an existing user in Lighthouse Transaction Manager (LTM).
Types of User Accounts
It is important to understand the different types of accounts that are available for a Lighthouse Transaction Manager (LTM) user account.
- No Access: This user type keeps the user's account active while not allowing them to log in to LTM (i.e. employees taking an extended leave of absence)
- Standard: The most common type that can be configured to access all features within LTM except for the administration menus (i.e. auditors, clerks, or other non-management users)
- Administrator: A management user type that has access to all features in LTM except for the Account Administrator function, they can create other users, but not those with administration access
- Online/Offline Entry: This user type allows access to the Online Entry and Offline Entry menu options and pages
Note: The other user types such as Site Administrator and API are not relevant at the current time.
Create a New User Account
When creating a new user, remember that the User Type and Permissions you select will affect what the user is able to access. To create a new user, log in to Lighthouse Transaction Manager (LTM) with administration access and select User > User Maintenance.
On the User Maintenance page, click the Create a New User button then enter the following information:
- Enter a name into the Username field (not case sensitive).
- Enter a corporate Email Address (required for administrators only).
- In the Password area, select the desired option:
- Email a randomly generated password to the user's email above
- Email a randomly generated password to [Email Address]
- Manually set user's password
- Under the Lighthouse Transaction Manager section, complete the following steps:
- In the User Type list, select what type of user this is (No access, Standard, Administrator, or Online/Offline Entry)
- In the Permissions area, select whether you would like the user to perform the following:
- Add sales
- Modify sales
- Delete Sales
- Add Refunds
- Modify Refunds
- Delete Refunds
- Batch Submittals
- Periodic Billing Access
- EMV Device Access
- In the Other Controls section, select the desired options:
- Mask Card Numbers: (RECOMMENDED) The user will not be able to see the full card number on the View Transactions pages
- Disallow use of transaction grid: The transaction grid (an advanced auditing tool) is disabled
- Account never expires: This user account will never expire, overriding any Auto Disable Stale Users setting set by the Account Administrator
- Bypass IP address restrictions for this user: This user account will be able to log into LTM from anywhere
- Under the Merchants section, select the merchants that the user should be able to access; at least one merchant must be selected.
- When complete, select the Create User button in the lower right corner.
Edit or Delete an Existing User
When editing an existing user, remember that the user type and permissions you select under LTM will affect what the user will be able to view and access. It is recommended that a user be edited to have No Access rather than deleting a user account to preserve billing information. The below steps will cover how to edit or delete an existing user:
- Login to LTM with administration access and select User > User Maintenance.
- On the User Maintenance page, enter the username in the search field and click Search.
- Click the user's name that you would like to edit.
- Alter any applicable fields and select Update User.
Deleting a User
Warning: Deleting a user account CAN NOT BE UNDONE. It is recommended that you instead edit the user's account to have No Access as the type rather than deleting the account.
If you still choose to delete the user:
- On the Edit User page, click Delete User.
- A prompt will appear asking you to confirm your selection, click OK.
Warning: Deleting a user will not delete the information obtained by that user while they were active.