Description: This article covers the process of running various transaction types on the MICROS e7 interface with Shift4 Bridge.
Start a check, and ring up some items. Do NOT do this with a $0 balance check.
- Press the Shift4 Auth key.
- You will be prompted for an amount.
- Enter the amount, or press Enter to use the Total Due.
- You can enter more than the Total due.
- After pressing Enter, go to the Ingenico Device.
- You will be prompted to confirm the amount on the device, and then you will be prompted to insert the card.
- Confirm the amount, and insert the card as needed.
- If successful, the Auth info will be stored on the check and the auth chit(s) will print.
- If not successful, an informative message will be displayed.
Repeat the Auth process using a larger amount. Always enter the total amount to authorize.
- Add the tip to the check manually; the tip cannot be added as part of the payment.
- Press the Shift4 Capture key.
- You will be prompted for the amount.
- Enter the total payment amount and press Enter.
- If you just press Enter without entering an amount, the Capture will assume the Total Due on the check.
- A list of authorizations available on the check will be displayed.
- Select one of the authorizations, and press the Enter/OK key.
- If successful, the appropriate Tender will be added to the check, as shown below.
- Note that this will make the Authorization unavailable for use again; if you void the payment and wish to use the card again, a new auth must be done.
The Sale function does a one-stop payment. It will only put the Sale tender on the check and not an Auth. Follow the same flow as the Auth, and results in payment just like a Capture.
- Start new check on the system.
- Select the Function button.
- Select Refund.
- Select Menu Item or Open Food and enter amount.
- It should ask for a reason code.
- Negative amount check will populate.
- Select the Shift4 Refund button.
- Pin Pad will ask for a swipe.
- The Refund will not prompt for a tip amount.
- The payment will be for the amount you enter, and it will not figure out or add a tip.
- Authorizations cannot be voided.
- Refunds cannot be voided.
- For a Final or Sale, pick up the check.
- Select the payment to void and press the Micros Void key.