Description: Review the steps for processing an Open Tab within MICROS 3700 w/ Shift4 Bridge below.
When creating a tab in MICROS RES 3700 w/ Shift4 Bridge, do the following:
- The server will ring up an item.
- On the payment screen, the server must select the CC Auth (credit card authorization) button to authorize the card by insert/swipe/tap on the PIN pad device.
- At this point, the card can now go back to the cardholder.
- As the customer continues to purchase items, you will need to continue to select the CC Auth button when adding items. You will be prompted for one of the following options:
- Use a new credit card.
- Using an existing card on file. (This is completed via a Shift4 TrueToken).
- Once the customer has completed their tab, the server will then add any tip(s) that are needed and select CC Finalize to close the tab.