Description: Choice properties utilizing PIN Pads require a Cloud SSL UTG configuration for their SkyTouch interface. As part of this configuration, properties must generate certificates to facilitate secure communication between systems. For more information on configuring a UTG-generated certificate inside the UTG, see the Quick Installation Guide.
- Run the Shift4 Certificate Generator.
Set the Common Name to the IP address of the UTG Computer.
Set the Organization to the name SkyTouch Technology.
The Email Address can be left blank.
Set the Locality to the City the property is located in.
Set the State to the State the property is located in.
Set the Country to US.
- Set the DNS tab to https://ip address of UTG computer.
- Set the IP tab to ip address of the UTG computer.
- Set the Serial Number to the Shift4 serial number.
- In the Certificate Generation Options, checkmark the SelfSigned box.
- Set the Certificate Format to CRT.
Note: If CRT doesn't work, try PEM.
- Set the Key Size to 2048 bit.
Set the Password to the Choice property code.
Once the certificate has been generated, this will need to be installed inside the API thread in the UTG.
After this has been generated, this also needs to be installed in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities of all Windows computers that will be using a PIN Pad.
See Installing UTG Certificates in Windows 7/10 for further information.