Description: Shift4 hardcodes It's Your Card (YC), Private Label (PL), and Gift Card (GC) “Ranges” (also known as “Bins”) into the merchant’s database (Serial). This allows our system to identify and route the cards to their solution provider for processing. This article goes over how to identify and access the Bin Range Override.
Identifying Required Bin Ranges
The range represents the first eight digits of a card number. This can be used to validate the card type and if a card is ready to be used at the property. This applies to all card types not just gift cards.
To validate a gift card range you would need to pull up the Merchant’s Citadel page. There you will find their list of ranges configured for their IYC or gift cards above their merchant information.
If the first eight digits of the card fall in-between the range start, range end, and the card meets the digit length (The number next to range, in this example it's 19), this would be considered a valid card that they could pass though Shift4 and process though their solution provider.
If the range does not match, or is not found on their account they will need to have this registered to their account.
Accessing Bin Range Override
Specifically follow the steps below in order to disable the below prompts on It's Your Card (YC), Gift Cards (GC), or Private Label (PL), Card transactions:
- Open UTG tuneup
- Select Devices
- Select a Device from the Devices list
- Select Bin Range Override
Enter in the following data to enable bypassing of this data on the device.
- Starting Range - by default our gift cards Start with a range of 700000
- Ending range - by default our gift cards End with a range of 799999
- Min PAN Range - The Minimum number of digits that are in the gift cards (19 Digits by default)
- Max PAN Range - The Maximum number of digits that are in the gift cards (19 Digits by default)
- The following options would need to be checked to disable the prompts
- Bypass CVV
- Bypass EXP
- Bypass Luhn
- Bypass Street
- Bypass Postal
- Select Add once all options have been adjusted.
Note: If the Gift Cards are converted gift cards you must add in the range according to what is shown on citadel. If it is entered in incorrectly this will interfere in how MasterCard Transaction process as they typically begin with the same starting range.