Discription: Sometimes sites have custom isl files loaded on their server or isl files that they no longer use which could affect functionality with the Bridge and Bridge printing capabilities.
When this occurs please follow the below steps.
- On the Micros server go to ….micros/res/pos/etc
- Move all isl files to desktop or create a folder for them. (Do not remove the PMSX.isl used for Shift4 bridge).
- Reload the Micros DB
- Test a transaction from the micros server to one of the workstations and the auth slip should print.
- Now place each one of the isl file back in the micros/res/pos/etc individually. This will be used to determine which isl file is causing the problem.
- Once you place the file back in reload the db and test from the server to see if printing stops. If printing stops then this is the isl file causing the auth slip to not print automatically. Please keep note of this isl file.
I removed the isl file and printing now works from the server but not the workstation.
Now that printing is working from the server, we know what is configured on the server should match the workstations. To accomplish this please follow options below to resolve the issue.
- Opt 1. Reload the Micros DB on the server and test from the workstation.
- Opt 2. Reload CAL from the workstation.
If the above options you will need to manually remove the isl file from the workstation(s), reconfig cal and possibly reboot the workstation if CAL does not trigger the reboot automatically.
To access the files on the workstation follow the steps below:
- Access the Micros desktop on the workstation. ( If RES is started you will need to minimize ops by right clicking and hit minimize with the mouse or locate the min ops button in RES.
- Go to start-Programs-Windows Explorer. Here you will find the CF folder-Micros. Within the micros folder all of the isl files loaded on the workstation will be present.
- Remove the isl file causing the printing to fail found in the step 6 above.
- Reconfigure cal which will reboot the workstation. If the workstation does not reboot you will need to reboot it manually and then test another transaction.Please keep in mind the isl file that is being removed may be used for another purpose that we are not sure of. Therefore we need to let the merchant or vendor know which file is being removed and to let their dealer know as this may affect another process they or it may have no effect.