Description: This article describes how to issue a refund natively via the Micros RES 3700 system.
You will need a button on your payment screen tied to the "Return" function. This will allow you to issue refunds and negative checks. See the video below for this process.
- Begin a new check.
- Enter the Check ID and number of Guests.
- Navigate to the Payment Screen and select the Return key.
- Return to your menu items and select a custom item with an open amount.
- Enter the amount to be returned to the guest.
- Provide an item description of the return.
- Select a Reason Code from the screen that matches your issue.
- Return to the payment screen and select CC Refund.