Description: Learn how to issue a refund natively via the Micros RES 3700 system.
To issue a refund, you will need a button on your payment screen tied to the "Return" function. This will allow you to issue refunds and negative checks. See the steps and video below for this process.
- Begin a new check.
- Enter the Check ID and number of Guests.
- Navigate to the Payment Screen and select the Return key.
- Return to your menu items and select a custom item with an open amount.
- Enter the amount to be returned to the guest.
- Provide an item description of the return.
- Select a Reason Code from the screen that matches your issue.
- Return to the payment screen and select CC Refund.
NOTE: For bridge setups, this should be programmed for SIM/PMS Inquire, Inquire #7 per setup document: MICROS RES 3700 Setup Guide for Shift4 Bridge (Section: Touchscreen Designer). If the merchant is using any other button for this part, it will not be integrated with the Bridge or Shift4.
- Enter the refund amount
- Once this amount is entered, verify if "Approving Refund" appears along with the refunded amount and the associated card.