What is causing this Error?
This error is a result of the UTG or UTG Stub failing to bind to the Assigned IP Address or TCP Port on the network.
Generally, this message results from one of these issues:
- The IP address for the Web Server was not entered correctly.
- The IP address of the machine the UTG\UTG Stub is installed on has changed.
- The Port for the webserver (default of 17411) is blocked by the Windows or Network Firewall.
- Multiple Device\Interface threads are configured with the exact same TCP Port (default of 17411) and are clashing with one another during Network Binding.
How do I resolve this Error?
This error historically doesn't cause issues processing unless researching the issue determines that two Device\Interface threads in the UTG\UTG Stub tune-Up are competing for the same TCP\IP connection.
The Webserver is a legacy system that is no longer used in modern communication set-ups. You can remove the Webserver thread in the UTG\UTG Stub and this will stop the alert from occurring.
To do this perform the following:
- Stop the UTG or UTG Stub Service\Standalone, see Starting/Stopping a service in Windows including UTG Service, UTG Stub, and Shift4 Bridge. or How do I start or stop the UTG (v2) Stand Alone?, or How Do I Start or Stop the UTG Stub Stand Alone?
- Once Stopped Open the UTG or UTG Stub tune-Up, See, How do I access the Shift4 UTG (v2) Tune-up?
- Navigate to the Options Tab once open.
- Select the listing named "WebServer" and press Remove\Delete.
- Save the Tune-up and restart your UTG or UTG Stub.