Recover a previous Authorization Code
Document the transaction details from the pre-existing transaction
- Locate the transaction in Lighthouse Transaction Manager (LTM).
- Click on the invoice number for the transaction to load the Transaction Detail page.
- Document the following details of the transaction:
- Full Credit Card Number
- Expiration Date
- AVS information, if it was originally obtained
- Any authorization code that has a single “A” under “Response” beside the six-character authorization code
- If there is an “R,” the authorization code is typically what caused the error condition; only copy the codes you can identify as valid.
- Copy the amount that is listed on the same line as each of the authorization codes
Void the previous transaction
Click on the Delete/Void option within the Edit menu button at the top right of the site. This takes you out to the Current Transactions page.
Use Offline Entry to create a new transaction with these details
- Go to Transactions > Offline Entry and enter the information you gathered above in step 3 in the appropriate fields on the Offline Entry page. The amount should match the first authorization code you recorded and should be entered in the Primary Amount box.
- Enter the authorization code that matches the amount that you entered in the previous step in the Auth Code box. Click on the Submit button. You should receive a Sales Draft.
- Pull the transaction back from the View Transactions page by clicking on the invoice number then clicking Edit > Offline Edit at the top right of the following page.
- Change the primary amount to equal the total amount of the previous value and the amount of the next authorization code copied earlier.
- Click on the Submit button. You should receive a Sales Draft.
Repeat for any additional authorization codes you may need.