Please select the Version of Windows in use below for instructions:
If you are unsure of your Windows OS, See How do I validate and update the build of my Windows Operating Software?
- Click on the Start Icon.
- Once the start menu opens, locate the Shutdown Menu at the bottom right.
- This will open the Power Options Menu.
- Select the function you wish to perform.
Windows 8.1 (Desktop)
- From the desktop, Right click on the Windows Start Icon.
- In the menu that appears select Shut down.
- Select the action you are attempting to perform.
Windows 8.1 (Metro\Tablet)
- From the Metro Start Screen take your mouse to the top right corner of the screen to activate the Charm Bar.
- If using a touchscreen move your finger from the outside of the top right corner onto the screen diagonally. This will summon the charm bar.
- Select settings at the bottom of the charm bar here.
- Once the settings screen is open you will have an option for Power at the bottom select this.
- Select the desired action from the menu that appears.
Windows 10 (Desktop)
- Press the windows Start Icon to open the start menu.
- Once in the start menu on the left should be the power icon. select this.
- In the menu that appears select the desired action.