What is causing this Issue?
Lighthouse Transaction Manager (LTM) can only have records of transactions that pass through the Shift4 database or related systems. So, this issue can be caused by:
- The transaction was sent to another processing endpoint by the Interface rather than the Shift4 Database\System.
- Shift4 can't make a record of data it never receives
- This issue typically only occurs when boarding with Shift4 for the first time, and the interface hasn't been updated to point to Shift4 systems yet
- The most common occurrence of this issue is tied to 'Stand Alone' PIN-terminals that are directly controlled and connected by the property's authorization processor via a VPN (Virtual Private Network) for emergency or backup processing.
- These types of terminals are not controlled via the Shift4 System so when the data is processed on these PIN-terminals it bypasses Shift4 and can't be recorded
- Typically these are branded by the locations processor in some way via their logo on the face of the device or on the device Idle\Ad screens
Examples of Stand Alone Terminals: (Models may vary)
How do I resolve this Issue?
These types of transactions can be run outside of Shift4 and thus fail to show on your LTM reports. If you don't like this, you can opt to not use that outside solution. However, there is nothing Shift4 can do on our end if you continue to do so.