What causes this error?
Data was received in an unknown or unexpected format by the Shift4 Bridge.
- Corrupt Data - EX: Error began to occur after a power outage
- Invalid User Input - Ex: User Error
How do I resolve this error?
- To start navigate to ...\Shift4Interface\data and locate the nextinvoice.dat file.
- Open this file to review the next assigned Invoice number to be used by micros.
- If blank or a null value rename the nextInvoice.dat file to nextInvoiceold.dat file.
- Once done you should attempt to run a transaction in the RES 3700 interface.
- A new nextInvoice.dat file will be created, and the error should resolve.
You can remove the older .dat file as it is no longer needed.