What is causing this issue?
If you are experiencing an issue in which Device IDs aren't saving to the Shift4Interface configuration, this means that either:
- The UTG's Install directory is not matching the UTG's assigned Trace Directory
- Example: UTG is installed on Drive D:, but the trace assignment is on C
- Your User or the UTG doesn't have Read\Write privileges to the assigned directory
How do I resolve this issue?
- Validate the assigned UTG install and trace directories
- Stop the UTG Service or Standalone
- Open the UTG Tune-up
- Navigate to the Advanced Tab and select Trace Configuration
- In the file path details ensure that the assigned directory matches the directory the UTG was installed on
- Once done hit OK, then hit Save at the top of the tune-up to save and close
Should the above not work try another user account, or update the UTG Manually with a user of higher privileges.