Description: Micros uses a service called Client Application Loader (CAL) to transfer the appropriate script and configuration files from the Micros Server to some terminal types: Workstation 4’s (WS4), Workstation 4LX’s (WS4LX), Workstation 5’s (WS5), Workstation 5a’s (WS5a) and eclipse terminals (Micros 3700v4.0 and above but only if CAL was installed by Micros). This article will cover the configuration process.
In newer versions CAL runs each time the Micros terminal is rebooted. When CAL is enabled, it checks the files on the terminal against the files in the appropriate directory, by terminal type, in the …MICROS\Res\Cal folder on the Micros Server. If any files are different or updated, CAL will automatically copy the new files onto the terminal.
If CAL is not enabled on the terminal the files will not be updated on the terminal, which can lead to errors while processing credit cards. In order to resolve the error, CAL must be enabled and reconfigured manually. The customer must know the name or IP address of the terminal that they are working on before reconfiguring CAL to avoid causing issues for other terminals.
To reconfigure CAL:
- Sign in to the Micros terminal with a manager login
- Navigate to the management screen and choose Min Ops (This might also be labeled as “Min POS” or “Windows”)
- This should minimize Micros and display Windows
- Go to Start > Programs > CAL > Reconfigure CAL
- If a code is displayed with a prompt for a response, multiply the first two digits of the code together and then take that result and add it to the fourth and sixth digits. Enter the total as the result
- On the next screen, ensure the CAL enabled box is checked
- Select the Micros server and hit Next
- The next screen will list all of the available terminals from the Micros server, locate the appropriate terminal based on name and/or IP address and click Save
- CAL should reconfigure and then update the terminal files
- The terminal should reboot itself once complete
- If it does not, reboot manually to initialize the new files
- Test a transaction