Description: This article reviews the steps for processing an Open Tab within MICROS 3700 w/ Shift4 Bridge.
When creating a tab in MICROS RES 3700 w/ Shift4 Bridge, the clerk will do the following:
- The server will ring up an item.
- On the payment screen, the server must select the CC Auth (credit card authorization) button to authorize the card by insert/swipe/tap on the PIN pad device.
- At this point, the card can now go back to the cardholder.
- As the customer continues to purchase items, the clerk will need to continue to select the CC Auth button when adding items. You will be prompted for one of the following options:
- Use a new credit card.
- Using an existing card on file. (This is completed via a Shift4 TrueToken).
- Once the customer has completed their tab, the server will then add any tip(s) that are needed and select CC Finalize to close the tab.