Creating and Configuring a Virtual Machine for MICROS RES 3700
Minimum PC Requirements to host a Virtual Machine Minimum 50gb of hard drive space (The VM will expand to 35gb once installed)
Minimum 4 core processor (1 processor will be allocated to the VM)
Minimum 8 gigabytes of RAM (2gb of RAM will be allocated to the VM)
- Download the latest release of Oracle's Virtual Box software from here. The install packages are available for Windows, OS X, Linux, and Solaris operating systems.
Remember to download the correct version of software for the operating system that you are running on your server
- Run the installer that was downloaded from the step above.
- When running the installer, we do not need to change anything from the default settings. Press next to proceed through the installation process.
- Locate the Virtual Box software on your computer and run the executable.
- You will see an introduction screen as seen below:
- Go to File > Import Appliance.
- In the import wizard, click the file selection button on the right.
- Locate the USB drive that was provided to you. Find the file labeled "3700Demov4" and press Open.
- You will be brought back to the previous import wizard screen. You should see the file path to the 3700Demov4.ova. Click Next to proceed.
- The following screen will show the settings needed for the VM that is being imported. We can leave these defaulted. Press Import to begin the process.
- The VM creation process usually takes up to 30 minutes based on hardware specifications of the host machine.
- When the process is finished, it will take you back to the main Virtual Box screen. You should have a VM labeled "3700 Demo" in the list.
- You can now start the VM by selecting the VM labeled "3700 Demo" and pressing the green arrow labeled start.
- A new window will open and begin loading the Windows VM.
- Once the VM is loaded, you will be brought to the desktop, should look like the screenshot below.
- With the VM running, you can begin to use it as you see fit. All documentation, setup files and credentials can be found on the desktop of the VM.