Description: With Webrez Pro, we generate the certificates to use with Chrome or Internet Explorer. Webrez Pro does prefer Chrome over Internet Explorer so we keep that in mind when performing this task. The certificate is needed to establish a secure connection between the web browser and the UTG/Pinpads.
- Run the Shift4 Certificate Generator
Set the Common Name to the IP address of the UTG Computer
- Leave the Friendly Name blank
Set the Organization to the name of the Hotel, IE: Lake Hotel (Do not use an special characters, ie: - '. etc)
Set the Email Address to customers email
Set the Locality to hotels city
Set the State to hotel's state (Fully spelled out, no abbreviations)
Set the Country to US
- Set the DNS tab to https://ip address of utg computer
- Set the IP tab to ip address of utg computer
- Set the Serial Number to the Shift4 serial number
- Set then Certificate Format to CRT
- In the Certificate Generation Options check mark the SelfSigned box
Set the Private Key Password to the zip code of the hotel
Once the certificate has been generated this will need to be installed inside the API thread in the UTG Tune Up
After this has been generated, this also needs to be installed in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities of all Windows computers that will be using a pinpad. Please see Installing UTG Certificates in Windows 7/10
If the above was followed but pinpads are not prompting:
- Try using a different web browser and see if the merchant is comfortable with that switch if that works as the issue could be due to a new browser update breaking compatibility with how Webrez operates.
- Known special case: If you encounter an issue involving pinpads not prompting from Webrez using Chrome version 94.0.4606.61, you can circumvent the issue by navigating to chrome://flags, finding the "Block insecure private network requests" option, and setting the dropdown to "disable". This will allow Chrome to be used for EMV transactions until WebRez opts to change the way that transactions flow in their web-based environment.