Description: USB Ports can be turned off due to USB Sleep Settings being enabled. This will happen when the computer goes to sleep as well as when the USB Port is left unused for a specific amount of time. This can cause various connection issues for USB-connected Pin Pad devices. As such, it's a common troubleshooting step to ensure these settings are disabled so that the port the device is plugged into will not get turned off.
To disable the USB Sleep Settings, follow the instructions listed below:
- Navigate to Control Panel > Hardware > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings.
- Select Restore default settings for this plan.
- Expand the USB Settings drop-down.
- Expand the USB selective suspend setting drop-down.
- Select Disabled and Apply/OK the settings.