Description: Learn how to update the Shift4 Bridge interface for RES 3700 in the article below.
Important: Before proceeding with a uninstall/reinstall of the Shift4 Bridge, you must make a record of all the currently configured settings for each tab of the Shift4 Bridge. This includes making a copy of the Shift4 Access Tokens attached to each revenue center. Failure to do this ahead of the application's removal will require a new Shift4 Authorization Token to be issued for this update.
Backing up the Shift4 Interface Values:
You need to record the configuration settings that will be used by the updated Shift4Interface. This is done through the Shift4Config program, which is located in the ...\Shift4Interface\Shift4Config.exe.
General Tab Settings:
- Postal Code (Zip Code)
- Log Verbosity (#)
- Interface Link (#)
- Interface Port (#)
- Micros Interface Timeout (#)
- UTG Timeout (#)
- Invoice Wait time after Timeout: (#)
- Do not print Capture chit (Enabled\Disabled)
- OPI Style Auth chit (Enabled\Disabled)
- Checking these will use the UTG generated print receipt.
- OPI Style Capture chit (Enabled\Disabled)
- UTG 3013 or above is required.
- OPI Style Sale chit (Enabled\Disabled)
- OPI Style Void chit (Enabled\Disabled)
- OPI Style Refund chit (Enabled\Disabled)
Tenders and Service Charges:
- Send & Stay Tender (# Send & Stay)
- Send and Exit Tender (# Send and Exit)
- Print Tender (# Print)
- [Option] SkyTab Invoice Number Menu Item (# SkyTab TrID)
- Authorization Tender (# Shift4 Auth)
- Visa Tender (# Visa)
- MasterCard Tender (# MC)
- [Option] Other Tenders (# Amex)(# Disco)(# JCB)(# GC)(# Shift4 IYC)
UTG Tab Settings:
- Record the UTG number and URL for each UTG in use.
- (# UTG) (https://[IP]:[PORT])
Revenue Center Tab Settings:
- Record the Revenue Center Number, Name, UTG Assignment, and Access Token for each Revenue Center.
- (# Revenue)(Revenue Name)(# UTG)(Access Token)
Devices Tab Settings:
- Record the Device ID, Workstation Number, Workstation Name, and UTG Assignment for each Device listed.
- (Device ID)(# Workstation)(Workstation Name)(# UTG)
After all of this is recorded you are ready to update your Shift4 Interface.
Updating The Shift4Interface
- Remove the Shift4 3700 Bridge Interface through the Windows Control Panel.
- Remove the folder directory for the Shift4Interface. (...\Shift4Interface). This will normally be installed on Windows D:\ or C:\ but this can be installed on any drive of your choice.
- Once uninstalled, run the provided Updated Shift4 Bridge installer.
- Go to the …\Shift4Interface folder and run the Shift4Config.exe program.
- Navigate the setup tabs and reconfigure the settings you recorded earlier.
- Go to File > Save once all settings are in place.
- Navigate to …\Shift4Interface folder and rename the Shift4.isl to PMSXXX.isl.
- XXX is the interface number assigned to Shift4 Interface in Micros. Ex: PMS2.isl
- Copy the renamed Shift4.isl and Shift4Include.isl to the folders listed below. If at any time you are asked to overwrite or replace a file of the same name during this process, select YES.
Note: If you have an alternate workstation type other than the ones listed above, the renamed Shift4.isl and Shift4Include.isl files will need to be copied into the CAL folder for that workstation type as well. For additional information, refer to Identifying MICROS & Simphony Workstation Types.