Before proceeding with a uninstall/reinstall of the Shift4 Bridge. You must make a record of all the currently configured settings for each tab of the Shift4 Bridge. This includes making a copy of the Shift4 Access Tokens attached to each revenue center. Failure to do this ahead of the application's removal will require a new Shift4 Authorization Token be issued for this update.
Backing up the Shift4Interface Values:
You need to record the configuration settings that will be used by the updated Shift4Interface. This is done through the Shift4Config program, which is located in the ...\Shift4Interface\Shift4Config.exe.
General Tab Settings:
- Postal Code (Zip Code)
- Log Verbosity (#)
- Interface Link (#)
- Interface Port (#)
- Micros Interface Timeout (#)
- UTG Timeout (#)
- Invoice Wait time after Timeout: (#)
- Do not print Capture chit (Enabled\Disabled)
- OPI Style Auth chit (Enabled\Disabled)
- Checking these will use the UTG generated print receipt.
- OPI Style Capture chit (Enabled\Disabled)
- UTG 3013 or above is required.
- OPI Style Sale chit (Enabled\Disabled)
- OPI Style Void chit (Enabled\Disabled)
- OPI Style Refund chit (Enabled\Disabled)
Tenders and Service Charges:
- Send & Stay Tender (# Send & Stay)
- Send and Exit Tender (# Send and Exit)
- Print Tender (# Print)
- [Option] SkyTab Invoice Number Menu Item (# SkyTab TrID)
- Authorization Tender (# Shift4 Auth)
- Visa Tender (# Visa)
- MasterCard Tender (# MC)
- [Option] Other Tenders (# Amex)(# Disco)(# JCB)(# GC)(# Shift4 IYC)
UTG Tab Settings:
Record the UTG number and URL for each UTG in use.
- (# UTG) (https://[IP]:[PORT])
Revenue Center Tab Settings:
Record the Revenue Center Number, Name, UTG Assignment, and Access Token for each Revenue Center.
- (# Revenue)(Revenue Name)(# UTG)(Access Token)
Devices Tab Settings:
Record the Device ID, Workstation Number, Workstation Name, and UTG Assignment for each Device listed.
- (Device ID)(# Workstation)(Workstation Name)(# UTG)
After all of this is recorded you are ready to update your Shift4 Interface.
When updating to 3700 Bridge 18.104.22.168 or above, you do NOT need to uninstall the old version of Bridge prior to installing the new version. Simply run the installer over the top of the existing version and redistribute the ISL files.
As of 3/22/21 this is only true of Micros 3700 Bridge. For now, all flavors of e7, 9700, and Simphony Bridge still require a full uninstall prior to installation of the new version. Future updates to other interface bridges however will include this feature improvement.
Updating The Shift4 Bridge Interface
- Run the provided Updated Shift4 Bridge installer.
- Go to the ...\Shift4Interface folder and run the Shift4Config.exe program.
- Confirm the pre-existing configurations have carried forward.
- Press the Rename ISL button under the General tab to have the new PMSXXX.ISL file created in the Shift4Interface folder with the correct Interface # (Interface 9 = PMS9.ISL).
- Copy the newly created PMSXXX.isl and Shift4Include.isl to the folders listed below. If at any time you are asked to overwrite or replace a file of the same name during this process, select YES.
- Reload Micros DB via Micros Control Panel.