Generating an SSL\TLS Certificate for use with Shift4 Bridge and Micros.
On the PC machine with your Universal Transaction Gateway navigate to.
START > All Programs > Shift4 Payments > Shift4 Certificate Generator.exe.
Configure with the following details.
- Common Name = Micros Bridge
The Common Name field can be set to any value, this values purpose is to help identify the certificates intended purpose should multiple certificates be in use for their setup. This is most commonly named after the interface it was generated for.
- Friendly Name = DBA name from the UTG Configuration Sheet
- Organization = Restaurant name with location if multiples
- Email Address = Sites main contact email (Owner, GM, etc…)
- Locality = City
- State/Province = ST
- Country = US
- DNS Tab – In the DNS box, you need to add two things:
- Micros Server IP Address (on the first line)
- localhost (on the second line)
- Please be aware that you are typing the WORD ‘localhost’ not using the actual localhost I.P on this line.
- Cert Gen Options 'Self Signed'
- Cert Type CRT
- Server Authentication enabled
- Client Authentication enabled
- Key Size 4098 bit
- EmbedKey **make sure this is unchecked**
- Enter a password
- make sure you keep this somewhere safe for your records
- Click Generate.
- This will automatically save to C:\Shift4\Cert.Crt
This may also be localized under another directory if the UTG was not installed to the default C:/ drive. EX: (D:\Shift4\Cert.crt)