Description: This article describes how to validate or update your .NETFramework version.
Access the Windows Registry to view this detail. To do this navigate to your Start menu and type in the search box "Regedit" as one word on the Micros Server.
A utility of the same name should pop up in the search results, select this. If this is not part of the search results, your Windows User log-in doesn't have sufficient privileges to perform this function.
Once open, navigate the file tree to the following path.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > NETFramework > SKUs
Here you can see the installed versions of Microsoft's NETFramework.
This should be on Version 4.6.2 or higher for Shift4 Bridge.
- Visit the Microsoft .NET Framework download website.
- Select the Latest Update Package Version.
- Download the Runtime package.
- Locate that file after it downloads.
- Double-click the file to start the setup wizard.
- Follow the instructions. The install wizard guides you through the setup.
- Once done reboot the PC.