You will need access to a Micros Database Administrator to perform this operation; as read\write privileges will be need for this process.
This operation should only be performed if a scheduled backup has not occurred within the last 24 hours. You can validate the date and time of the last backup in ...\micros\database\data\backup\MICROS_year_month_day_hour_minutes.mbz5
- On the Micros server navigate to Start > Micros Applications > Utilities >Database > Micros Database Manager.
- You can also locate this in the install directory of ...\Micros\common\BIN\DM
- This can also be searched using the keyword of "Database" within windows search.
- The Micros user will need to login to their Micros Database Administrator at this time.
- If the options on the screen when logged in are greyed out, then another user with higher privileges will be needed.
- On this screen select "Backup Database" on the right side and ensure the following:
- Enable: Backup Database
- Enable: Validate Database
- Enable: Backup Passwords - Keys
- Once the above is configured select Run Backup at the bottom left.
- The file will begin to backup the database, this is complete when the line of "Rotating Micros backup files complete." appears on the text field above these options.
Closing this screen without seeing the "Rotating Micros backup files complete message " will stop the backup process. Do not close this window until complete.