Description: Back up the Micros 3700 database with the below steps.
IMPORTANT: You will need access to a Micros Database Administrator to perform this operation; as read\write privileges will be needed for this process. This operation should only be performed if a scheduled backup has not occurred within the last 24 hours. You can validate the date and time of the last backup in ...\micros\database\data\backup\MICROS_year_month_day_hour_minutes.mbz5
- On the Micros server navigate to Start > Micros Applications > Utilities >Database > Micros Database Manager.
- You can also locate this in the install directory of ...\Micros\common\BIN\DM
- This can also be searched using the keyword of "Database" within windows search.
- The Micros user will need to log in to their Micros Database Administrator at this time.
- If the options on the screen when logged in are greyed out, then another user with higher privileges will be needed.
- On this screen select "Backup Database" on the right side and ensure the following:
- Enable: Backup Database
- Enable: Validate Database
- Enable: Backup Passwords - Keys
- Once the above is configured select Run Backup at the bottom left.
- The file will begin to back up the database, this is complete when the line of "Rotating Micros backup files complete." appears on the text field above these options.
IMPORTANT: Closing this screen without seeing the "Rotating Micros backup files complete message " will stop the backup process. Do not close this window until complete.