Validate The Installed Update Version
Verify that your computer has the latest Windows Service Packs and Critical Updates. If they do not have the required update package they will need to update their Windows environment.
Validate Windows 7, 8.1, and 10:
- Click the Windows Start button.
- In search enter in "Sysinfo" and press Enter to launch the system information menu.
- The System Summary menu contains the installed build details.
- Windows 7 (6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601)
- Windows 8.1 (6.3.9600 Build 9600)
- Windows 10 (10.0.1903 Build 1903) (as of April 9, 2019)
Update Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 Operating System:
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button in the lower-left corner. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click either Windows Update or Check for updates.
- Click the Check for updates button and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If you see a message telling you that important updates are available, or telling you to review important updates, click the message to view and select the important updates to install.
- In the list, click the important updates for more information. Select the checkboxes for any updates that you want to install, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates.
It is important that you do not shut your computer off or allow it to run out of battery during the update process. Doing so can cause a corruption of the operating system, which can often only be fixed by reformatting the computer.