Description: You may need to set up Periodic Billing within the Lighthouse Transaction Manager (LTM), which charges customers based on pre-determined settings. This article reviews some common questions you may have regarding your primary billing. These questions may include billing visibility and importing the customer information.
View Periodic Billing
The View Options in LTM determine what displays on the screen, which differ from the View Options for your daily credit card transactions. To access these options:
- Go to the Periodic Billing Tab and then to View Options
- Ensure both active customers, inactive customers, and all of the card types are selected
- Once these are set, select Apply
- Ensure that you can now see your transactions
Note: When a customer is deleted from Periodic Billing, only their transaction history will remain visible in the LTM archives. You will need to know the customer name and/or last four digits of the card used for periodic billing to search for these transactions.
If you still do not see all periodic billing customers, try clearing your browser cookies.
Import Comma Delimited File into Periodic Billing
The Periodic Billing menu is a very useful tool for managing and migrating customer information. This is done via a Comma Separated Value (.CSV) file that has various data columns which can be specified.
Important: The Card Number, Expiration Date, and Customer Name are required for any import; there are multiple additional columns that are optional which are outlined on the Import page under Periodic Billing > Import Customers.
- The import supports ONLY three headers (Card Number, Expiration Date, and Customer Name); including additional headers will cause no harm but will be ignored when imported
- Ensure the number of headers match the number of columns; for example, if you have five headers listed but seven columns of data (separated by commas) the import will fail
- It is best to reduce the columns to the minimum required whenever possible
- Ensure the headers applicable to the import match the format outlined on the Periodic Billing Import page exactly, or they will be ignored
- The file may have an extension of .csv or .txt
- The card number must be a single value; spaces and dashes are not valid for this field
- Use quotation marks (i.e. "CardNumber") for individual values on the import which would otherwise be treated identically and must be separated by commas
- Spaces cannot be used in the header row; values below the headers may contain spaces, if applicable
An example of a .csv entry follows:
CustomerNumber,LastName,FirstName,CardNumber,CardExpDate,Address1,PostalCode,Amount 0000000001,Doe,John,4444333322221111,1015,1491 Center Crossing,89144,100.00
You can specify your account on the Import screen or on the .csv file, per the instruction on the Import page. Many of the other optional fields can also be used for the import.
Warning: If you choose not to import, you CANNOT swipe credit card information using a Magnetic Stripe Reader (MSR) into Periodic Billing in LTM due to the page lacking the logic to handle swipes from a MSR device. This extends to point-to-point encryption (P2PE) devices, the logic to read the encrypted track data does not exist for the Periodic Billing page of LTM.