You will need access to a Micros Database Administrator to perform this operation; as read\write privileges will be need for this process.
This operation should only be performed if after making changes to Micros, you are encountering errors, and are unable to resolve processing communicaiton.
- On the Micros server navigate to Start > Micros Applications > Utilities >Database > Micros Database Manager.
- You can also locate this in the install directory of ...\Micros\common\BIN\DM
- This can also be searched using the keyword of "Database" within windows search.
- The Micros user will need to login to their Micros Database Administrator at this time.
- If the options on the screen when logged in are greyed out, then another user with higher privileges will be needed.
- On this screen select "Restore Database" on the right side.
- Select Restore Database from this list of options on this screen, you will be asked to select a database backup. (Select the file that was previously generated for this attempted setup.)
- The file will begin to restore the database, this is complete when the message box of "Restoration is complete." appears on the screen.
Closing this screen without seeing the "Restoration complete message box" will stop the restoration process. Do not close this window until complete.