Description: Fraud Sentry is a collection of security settings that allows Lighthouse Transaction Manager (LTM) to scan your transactions for odd behavior before settling out to the processor as a final report. This article covers how to configure Fraud Sentry settings.
You have the ability to review the following regarding your batched settlements:
- Possible Duplicates: Scans the batch for cards that appear to be duplicated by identifying if a card was used more than once in a batch settlement
- Unverified Refunds: Scans the batch for issues regarding refunds
- Suspicious Card Usage: Tracks the number of user actions performed including refunding and voiding, and can track if the same card is used multiple times by a clerk
Important: All Fraud Sentry settings have a particular set of rules or enforcement methods under which they operate. Depending on the method chosen, the user performing the batch closeout may be prompted of situations as they occur or an email notification may be sent silently to the specified contacts notifying them of the occurrence. Each of these enforcement methods can be set individually per each Fraud Sentry scenario.
- Disabled: Lighthouse Transaction Manager does not trigger when conditions are met, and no email is sent
- Disallow: Sends an alert to the registered Fraud Sentry Contacts and prevents batch submittal until the issue identified has been resolved
- Silent: Sends an alert to the Fraud Sentry contacts; the user will not be notified of the occurrence
- Verbose: Sends an alert to the Fraud Sentry contacts and prevents batch submission until the issue identified is resolved or allows the user to bypass the alert using their user password credentials
Enable Fraud Sentry Settings
To enable these features, you will need to log into your Account Administrator user and then, navigate to the Settings > General Settings.
Once on this page, you need to set up the users to receive notifications when issues are detected. This is located under the Fraud Sentry Notifications section. Here you can assign a recipient email; if wanted, you can also assign the CC or BCC contact(s).
- Assign the desired Enforcement Method to the Possible Duplicates setting
- Set the desired Unverified Refunds settings for Detection Method, Maximum Duration, and Enforcement Method:
- Running Balance: Transactions on the same card run within the Maximum Duration period are added to a “Grand Total” that credits can be placed against; once this total has been reached in refunds, they will no longer be able to issue credits to this guest
- Exact Amount: Refunds can only be refunded on a 1:1 ratio, meaning you can only issue a single refund for each transaction and only for the exact amount the transaction was processed for
- Maximum Duration: How long LTM will track transaction details and retain balances to allow posting of refunds
- Under Suspicious Card Usage, only set one or two scanning options listed since if too many scans are performed your batch can timeout and fail to upload to the processor when finished
- Assign the desired settings for the following Transaction Checks:
- Choose the Enforcement Method
- Choose the section for the scan type desired
- Same Card Used: This is categorized by clerks, specific merchant account, or all merchant accounts within a time period (only set one of the three options listed; do not run more than one of the same scans)
- Credits Entered (Refunds): This is categorized by clerks, specific merchant account, or all merchant accounts within a time period (only set one of the three options listed; do not run more than one of the same scans)
- Voids: This is categorized by clerks, specific merchant account, or all merchant accounts within a time period (only set one of the three options listed; do not run more than one of the same scans)
- After choosing this, set the monitor duration time frame
- Choose to scan transactions up to the previous day, week, month, 6 months, or 12 months
- Set the trigger values so an alert can be sent if a certain number of transactions have been reached or if a certain dollar amount was reached
You can test any of your scans prior to saving the settings by hitting the Velocity Check Test. This performs the configured scan and identifies if there are any issues with the scan. After having enabled these settings to your liking, scroll to the bottom of this page and hit Save Changes to save these settings.