Description: Review the process for performing a batch closeout using the Lighthouse Transaction Manager (LTM) platform.
To begin, navigate to the Transactions tab at the top left of LTM, and select Current Transactions from the dropdown. Once on the Current Transactions page, press Select Business Date in the top left to open a pop-out calendar.
Select the date for the closeout; this should be the business date you are attempting to close out.
Note: The calendar automatically defaults to the previous business date. Select a new business date as needed.
You must also select one of the following options:
- All transactions through the selected date: Shows all transactions previous to and including the selected date
- Only transactions for the selected date: Includes only transactions for the chosen date
- All transactions regardless of date: Includes all past, present, and future dates
- Only selected transactions: Batch selected transactions instead of batching all transactions that correspond to your selected business date and viewing options. This option will only be displayed if you have enabled "Batch Selected Transactions" on your Change Profile page. This setting can be accessed by:
- Selecting the User tab
- Clicking Change Profile
- Scroll down to the "Other Options" section
Note: Shift4 strongly recommends selecting the option for "All transactions through the selected date." Shift4 does not recommend selecting the option for "All transactions regardless of date."
Once the transactions for the day needed are pulled, you must validate that they do not show any issues or errors and that the grand totals match the Interface reporting for the selected date. When reviewing transactions, keep an eye out for the following notifications:
- Red Exclamation Point indicates that the transaction ran into an issue settling for the required amount and additional steps may be needed to resolve the transaction; transactions identified this way will NOT allow the batch to close until resolved or hidden
- Yellow Warning Symbol is NOT an error; they are highlighted to identify that the transaction has been edited or adjusted in some way
Once all of your adjustments or auditing is complete, validate the reports matched between systems. The Grand Totals at the bottom of the page should be compared to the Reports. If everything looks fine, select Close Batch to finalize the closeout.
If you see a discrepancy and there is no obvious cause, visit the Find Missing Transactions article to help identify the issue.
Note: If you have selected specific transactions to include in a batch, an additional button may appear “View Selected Only” which would then show only your selected transactions that would be included when you click Close Batch.