Description: Generate an SSL\TLS Certificate using the Shift4 Certificate Generator with the steps below.
Using the Shift4 Certificate Generator to Generate an SSL\TLS Certificate
On the PC machine with your Universal Transaction Gateway, navigate to:
START > All Programs > Shift4 Payments > Shift4 Certificate Generator.exe
Configure with the following details:
- Common Name to the IP Address of the UTG Server.
- Organization: the Property's Name or Brand Name. [No Special Charicters]
- E-mail Address: a Property E-mail Address.
- City: the Property's City.
- State/Province: the Property's State/Province.
- Country: the Property's Country.
- DNS Tab: enter the IP of the UTG Server.
- [EX https://IPADDRESS ] Serial Number this is your Shift4 serial number. Cert Gen Options 'Self Signed'.
- Cert Type:
- For Non-REST Interfaces, select 'PEM' as the format type.
- For REST Interfaces, select 'CERT' as the format type.
- EmbedKey enabled.
- Valid From set to the current date.
- Valid To set to 10 Years ahead of the current date.
- [EX: 4/20/2019 to 4/20/2029]
- Key Size:
- 2048 bit
- 4096 bit ('4096' processes slower but is more secure.)
- Enter a password.
- Make sure you keep this somewhere safe for your records
- Click Generate.
- This will automatically save to C:\Shift4\Cert.Crt