Generating an SSL\TLS Certificate using the Shift4 Certificate Generator.
On the PC machine with your Universal Transaction Gateway navigate to.
START > All Programs > Shift4 Payments > Shift4 Certificate Generator.exe.
Configure with the following details.
- Common Name to the IP Address of the UTG Server.
- Organization the Property's Name or Brand Name. [No Special Charicters]
- E-mail Address a Property E-mail Address.
- City the Property's City.
- State/Province the Property's State/Province.
- Country the Property's Country.
- DNS Tab enter the IP of the UTG Server.
- [EX https://IPADDRESS ]
- Serial Number this is your Shift4 serial number
- Cert Gen Options 'Self Signed'
- Cert Type
- For Non-REST Interfaces select 'PEM' as the format type.
- For REST Interfaces select 'CERT' as the format type.
- EmbedKey enabled
- Valid From set to the current date.
- Valid To set to 10 Years ahead of the current date.
- [EX: 4/20/2019 to 4/20/2029]
- Key Size
- 2048 bit
- 4096 bit ('4096' processes slower, but is more secure.)
- Enter a password
- make sure you keep this somewhere safe for your records
- Click Generate.
- This will automatically save to C:\Shift4\Cert.Crt