What is causing this Error?
NOTE: This article only applies to merchants who are using a PIN Pad device that is directly connected to the Universal Transaction Gateway (UTG).
The "PIN Pad APRO exception" error means that the UTG cannot communicate to the COM port that is configured to communicate to the PIN Pad.
How do I resolve this Error?
To correct this, attempt the following to reset the port:
- Close the Stand Alone. (See Starting and Stopping the UTG (v2) Stand Alone)
- Access the Windows Device Manager. Refer to Accessing the Windows Device Manager for additional information.
- Locate COM Port list (expand the tree if needed).
- Make sure the correct COM Port is highlighted, right-click then click Disable.
- Restart the computer.
- Stop the UTG Service. (See Starting/Stopping a service in Windows including UTG Service, UTG Stub, and 4Go.)
- Follow steps 2-3.
- Make sure the correct COM Port is highlighted, right-click then click Enable.
- Start the Stand Alone. (See Starting and Stopping the UTG (v2) Stand Alone)
- Confirm the error does not come up.
- Run a test transaction.
If still getting the error, escalate the call.