NOTE: You will need to shut down any instance of the Universal Transaction Gateway prior to opening the UTG Tune-up. Stopping the Universal Transaction Gateway (UTG) service or Stand Alone will stop all active credit card processing until it is restarted. Instructions for starting, stopping or restarting a Shift4 Service can be found here, Starting/Stopping a service in Windows including UTG Service, UTG Stub, and Bridge.. Instructions for closing the UTG (v2) Stand Alone can be found here, Starting and Stopping the UTG (v2) Stand Alone.
Accessing UTG (v2) Tune-up
Go to Start> All Apps> Shift4 Payments> UTG (v2) Tune-Up
- Start> Programs>Shift4 Corporation>Universal Transaction Gateway>UTG Tune-Up
- Start> Programs>$$$ ON THE NET>UTG Tune-Up
- Navigate to the Shift4 installation directory (default location is "C:\Shift4\UTG2"). The location can vary depending on the installation.
- Locate the "UTG2" (May end with a ".exe" file extension) file and right-click and select "Create Shortcut".
- On the file that says "Shortcut to UTG2", right-click the file and go to "Properties".
- On the "Shortcut" tab, go to the entry that states "Target" and add a space then "-t" to the end of the target path (EX. "C:\shift4\utg2\utg2.exe -t"). Hit "OK".
Right-click on "Shortcut to UTG2" and select "Rename" and rename the file to be "UTG Tune-Up".