At the top of the Current Transactions screen, or when viewing Archived Transactions, your user will have the option to adjust the type of data that is visible on the current screen and subsequently generated transaction reports.
NOTE: Some users may have this detail hidden on the page. Simply click the option for "Show Filters" at the top right of this page. You should now see your viewing options.
NOTE: View settings are 'User' specific so changing your setting won't affect other user accounts unless the user account is shared between multiple people.
General Audit Settings
This is the standard configuration for general auditing. You can change your view settings at the top of the page. There is a series of checkboxes and dropdowns with various view settings to choose from.
- First, ensure only Sales and Refunds are selected.
- Next, ensure Problems and Non-Problems are selected.
- Next, ensure all your accepted card types are selected
- Last, ensure all the capture methods you support are selected. (Ex: Swipe Manual... if you're unsure just enable all that are listed.)
- Hit "Apply Filters" after configuring the above.
Placing Problem Transactions Aside [Workaround]
Viewing Options can also be used to manipulate batching situations such as working around problem transactions. Some problem transactions require permissions your user may not have to resolve, but these transactions can be placed aside if needed to allow the valid transactions to still closeout. This can be accomplished by disabling the option of "Problems" this will hide any identified problem transaction in LTM from view and allow the user to process the batch if needed. Reenabling the "Problems" option will allow the transaction to reappear so they can be addressed later by a user with sufficient privileges.
Aside from the above, there are a number of ways you can customize this reporting data. Change things around, find out what you like and what works for your reporting needs.
1. You can restrict details based on specific dates by selecting "Select Business Date" and then selecting one of the sub-filter options.
- All Transaction through the selected date (All transactions previous to and including the selected Date)
- Only Transaction for the selected date
- All transactions regardless of date (Even future dates are included.)
- Only Selected Transactions (You can select specific transactions and report specifically on them.)
2. You can choose to review by Clerk ID (if assigned) or Terminal ID (if enabled) to identify transactions performed by a particular user login or workstation.
3. You can also choose the order and method each column of data is displayed via the transaction header or a categorical order selection dropdown.
4. Any changes made to view settings also affect any Transaction Reports that are generated for the current page. So if unselecting all card type but VISA, and you run a report you will now have a report of only VISA transactions.