The Shift4 Modem Configuration Utility is software used to scan the Universal Transaction Gateway (UTG) or UTG Stub machine for available COM Ports. It runs during the installation of the UTG Stub and will generally automatically locate any available COM Ports on the machine and notify the user of which Ports have been added via this process.
NOTE: A COM Port will not be available for configuration in the UTG Stub Tune Up unless it has been detected by the Modem Configuration Utility.
If a COM Port has been changed or added since the initial Stub installation, the utility can be re-run to scan for the change and add the new or updated COM Port value to the UTG Stub for configuration. This utility can be found post-installation by going to Start>Programs>Shift4 Corporation>Universal Transaction Gateway>S4Config.
Manually Adding a COM Port (if it does not appear automatically):
- Click "Add Port".
- From the Add Port Window, select the COM port you wish to use.
- Click "Ok" to add the COM Port.
Deleting a COM Port:
- Select the COM Port you want to remove.
- Click the "Del Port" option.
- In the confirmation window that appears, select "Yes" to remove the port.