The Verifone MX USB Driver is Verifone's proprietary Serial Virtualization Software. It serves the purpose to establish serial communication between a USB connected pin-pad device and the Universal Transaction Gateway or UTG Stub software.
Without the use of this software, the establishment of communication will never be met.
The MX Driver is primarily used for local machines running Windows 8.1 or lower and is no longer required in Windows 10. The Windows 10 environment is already established with the process to virtualize COM ports and will convert serial communication to USB connected devices.
You can obtain the driver software from the following link:
This Package Contains the following:
- MX Downloader
- MX_USB Drivers
Installing the MX Driver
- Run the VerifoneUnifiedDriverInstaller32.msi or VerifoneUnifiedDriverInstaller64.msi.
- This depends on if your Windows OS install and if it is 32 bit or 64 bit architecture.
- Continue till you reach the Selecting the serial port name and number screen.
- Configure the Port Root Name for the Device Model in use. [MX915 or MX925]
- Assign a unique comport in the Port number base field.
[Option] If installing more than one device per PC unselect Single Device System.