Description: Kioware for Windows uses the REST interface; thus, we need to create a certificate for it to function properly.
- Run the Shift4 Certificate Generator.
- Set the Common Name to the IP address of the UTG Computer OR the loopback address of 127.0.0.1 provided Kioware and UTG are installed on the same computer.
- Set the Organization to the DBA NAME.
- Set the Email Address to be an email the customer can access.
- Set the Locality to be the site's city.
- Set the State to the site's full state name.
- Set the Country to US.
- Set the DNS tab to https://ip address of UTG computer or https://127.0.0.1 provided Kioware and UTG are installed on the same computer.
- Set the Serial Number to the Shift4 serial number.
- Set the Cert Type to CRT.
- In the Certificate Generation Options checkmark the SelfSigned box, leaving CA SelfSign and CA Intermediate unchecked.
- Make sure Embed Key is UNCHECKED.
- Key Size 4096 bit.
- Server Authentication UNCHECKED
- Client Authentication UNCHECKED.
- Password should be set to something easily remembered like the Zip Code of the site.
- Click Generate.
- Save it in the Shift4 folder.
- You will see both a .CRT and a .KEY file saved in that directory now:
- Once the certificate and key file have been generated, they will need to be installed inside the API
thread in the UTG Tune Up:
- Make sure to input the correct (and identical) password in both Password boxes (this should be the password used when generating the certificate initially i.e. zip code).
- Select OK and Save the tuneup.
- After this has been generated and installed in the UTG, this also needs to be installed in the Trusted
Root Certification Authorities of all Windows computers that will be using a pin pad. Please see Installing UTG Certificates in Windows 7/10.